Built on award winning VMware solution, our Multi-Tenant Enterprise-Grade NRB’s Enterprise Cloud Platform, or NECS, offers our entire feature set through our API’s to help our customers automate, develop and ensure their business processes are completely in-sync with their IT processes.
Although the entire API is open for our end users, connectivity is always secured over a site-to-site VPN connectivity.
- NECS 4.0 REST API enables the creation of custom services by exposing any orchestration workflow to our Service Catalog to provide custom functionality such as Blueprints, Resource Mappings and Actions.
- Tenant administrators can create and manage the workflow subscriptions that are specific to their tenant.System administrators can create and manage system workflow subscriptions. The created system workflow subscriptions are active for events in any tenant and for system events.
- The NECS Automation REST API provides consumer, administrator, and provider-level access to our service catalog with the same services that are presented in the console user interface. You can perform API Automation functions programmatically by using REST API service calls.
As NECS is solution is based on VMware’s vRealize solution, and hence our NECS portal equally benefits from the VMware CloudClient Command-Line Utility. This is a command-line utility that provides verb-based access with a unified interface across vRealize/NECS Automation APIs.
CLI Use Case Highlights
- Browse the catalog and submit a request
- Approve a catalog request
- Manage provisioned machines
- Create tenants and groups
- Configure IaaS, including endpoints, data collection, and reservations
- Manage catalog services and entitlements
- Import and export blueprints and other content to human-readable format
- Submit authenticated vRealize Automation API calls from the command line
- Automate updates to VM reservations following SRM failover
- Execute vRealize Orchestrator workflows
CLI Features and Benefits
- Standardized command-line interface that remains stable as underlying APIs evolve
- Auto login for scripting (password and keyfiles)
- JSON, CSV, and tabular formatting
- File export
- Sample scripts to demonstrate common scenarios
- Plugin model enables extensibility to additional use cases